LongsPeakNet is an intentional, values-based organization. Whether at a personal, professional, or institutional level, the following values are our guide and foundation around which we make all organizational decisions. Communicating these values is an important component of our New Member Orientation and meetings.
- Give, and Get, and Give Back
- Proactive, participative members
- Motivationally supportive
- Networking environment
LongsPeakNet provides a supportive environment where members acquire relevant and effective skills to seek the ideal career opportunity, and offers employers efficient access to an experienced and diverse pool of talent.
- Foster effective networking
- Provide methods to share current job leads
- Offer programs and workshops that develop effective job seeking skills
- Provide face-to-face opportunities with recruiters and companies
- Create supportive environment.
#1: The people making decisions are job seekers and actively engaged in the day-to-day operations of the organization. LongsPeakNet does not have a steering committee, board of directors, or other governance structure. Our continuity comes from our shared Purpose and Values.
#2:We are an organization whose membership is leaving as quickly as possible. Therefore, each committee has co-chairs so that when one gets a job, the other can take over without missing a beat. Each member of a committee documents how they perform their duties and processes so that their successor doesn’t have to relearn from scratch.
#3: The organization must be nimble and able to make decisions quickly. Committees are empowered to make their decisions without waiting for approval by a governing body. They actively gather advice from, coordinate with, and inform their stakeholders.
The Leadership team is composed of one, or both, of the chairs from each committee, with two co-Directors. The Leadership team is responsible and accountable for :
- Establishing, communicating, and modeling the Values and Culture
- Ownership of, and communication of, the Strategy, Mission, and Vision
- Continuous improvement. This includes determining which business metrics to collect (a “dashboard”), setting goals, and monitoring progress.
- Key decisions. Made by a core of the leadership team and based on values. Some of these key decisions may be put to a vote of the general membership in a structured business meeting.
- Identification of spokesperson to external stakeholders such as press, employers, recruiters, and private and government agencies.
- Communication with membership
The Leadership team currently meets on Tuesdays at 11:45am, usually at a restaurant in north Longmont. Meetings are open to all members.
Visit the Contact Us page for email links to the Leadership team.